Some interesting bumph has been hitting our doormats over the past few weeks – a lot of it is blue in colour and seems to be extolling the virtues of a bloke called Zac Goldsmith and besmirching another bloke called Sadiq Khan. Zac wants to be Mayor of London. One is of these leaflets is aimed at Bromley residents
He wants us to know 2 things about Sadiq Khan.
- He backed Jeremy Corbyn to be Labour Leader (er… so what?)
- He says he’d do it again (… and?)
And who will you support Zac in the next Tory Leadership race – possibly as soon as this summer. Boris Johnson or George “Austerity” Osborne – do let us know.
Zac Goldsmith has resorted to negative and personal campaigning against Sadiq Khan. Let’s have a look at his actual “Action Plan”
He wants to:
- Start fixing London’s Housing Crisis….. so he’ll have to fix the mess left by the bloke who’s been Mayor since 2008 …. Oh that would be London Mayor Boris Johnson – another Conservative like you then Zac….
- Improve the reliability of London’s Transport system – so it’s been rubbish on London Mayor Boris Johnson’s watch – another Conservative like you then Zac. Let’s not use the expertise of an ex-government minister of Transport like Sadiq Khan who might know more about transport issues then you then Zac…
- Protect the green belt from development – quoting “protecting the 7730 hectares of Green Belt land such as Scadbury Park” – do you know something about Scadbury Park we don’t Zac??? Is Tory Bromley council up to something we don’t know about and you do???
- Creating more green spaces – that’ll be Boris’s Garden Bridge that he’s already gone with even before he’s seen all the proposals then Zac….???
- Tackling air pollution with tougher rules on HGV’s…. like that “militant” on air pollution, Boris, said he’d do – failed miserably and then advised us to walk nearer the shops than the road as a solution…
- Making streets safer…. so that would mean replacing all the police we’ve lost under a Tory administration then Zac….
Zac has a record for delivering and he puts that down purely to the fact that he increased his majority in extremely Tory Richmond upon Thames…. Only the rich and monied can afford to live there so it’s pretty safe to assume that not many socialists reside in the borough these days…. A cat would probably improve its majority if stood for the Conservatives in Richmond Zac….
Oh and he is the only one with influence over the Government apparently. So much so that Mr Cameron is not announcing anything contentious such as a Heathrow Expansion, so as not to shaft the nice Mr Goldsmith before the Mayor of London election… he’ll probably announce it the following week when the West London vote is safely in….
Another bloke called Gareth Bacon – nope we’ve never heard of him either – is standing for election as Bexley and Bromley London Assembly. He’s been our representative since 2008…. so worked with Boris – not delivering houses and failing to clean our air which Zac is determined to sort out.
Labour’s representative – Sam Russell – is a railway manager. He knows a thing or two about the problems facing London Transport. Now wouldn’t this be a novelty – voting for someone who has expert knowledge on one of the top pledges all candidates feel needs resolving – transport in London. Not only that – but Labour have an ex-transport minister also standing
- Vote Sadiq Khan for London Mayor
- Vote Sam Russell for Bexley & Bromley GLA representative
- Vote Labour for London
on Thursday 5th May 2016
or you could vote Tory and nothing will happen – as it pretty much hasn’t done in this great capital since Boris has been “in charge” since 2008….