With the local election almost upon us, it seems like a good time to look at the reality of the Tory and Lib Dem record.
- Condition of our roads and pavements – down
- Police numbers – down
- Standards of our waste collection – down
- Services for the young, elderly and disabled – down
- Affordable housing built – down
- Electricity and gas prices – up
- Bus and train fares – up
- Cost of the weekly shop – up
- Numbers of people in rent arrears – up
- People forced to live in bed and breakfasts – up
We could keep going – but we think you get the message.
If you feel betrayed by Lib Dems’ broken promises; if you want a fair deal for Orpington and the Crays; if you want to fight back against the cuts being imposed on hard working families; if you want to resist cuts to our local services; if you want Councillors who listen; and if you want to stop the Tories winning. The only way is to vote Labour on Thursday 22nd May.